Ich schlage vor, dass ...

Download queuing and resuming

Hi!

Could you please add these features:

1. Download queuing
---------------------------
Now, if I add any link download starts immediately. It will be much better if user can prioritize which videos should be downloaded first.

2. Download resuming.
-----------------------------
Everytime my net gets disconnected (yes, it does!) I have to restart my download, which is a wastage of bandwidth as far as huge video files are concerned.

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Hari B Kurup shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminPhilipp (Admin, nnd) responded  · 

Download queuing is planned for ClipGrab and we will see it together with the feature to download lists of videos.
Download resuming, however will probably not be implemented.

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Fullerton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add on this idea. Maybe, let us FREEZE Clipgrabber's queue of downloading. Then, we can UNFREEZE it and then it will start downlaoding. This would help me tremendously.

As I said on prior post, in America -- some ISPs like STUPID-ASS Comcast, charge you per MB extra. So, I have to wait until end-of-month to download when I know I won't go over my quota. This way -- it'd allow a download queue, pausing it, letting us select lots of video, then maybe even a CLICK SELECTOR to say download it, then UNFREEZE IT and all downloads pour down.

I think the freezing idea should be added to the Download Queue. Or, even let us run a Download Textfile through Clipgrab to grab all those in the download list. Then, it could be ran from teh Command Line too.

Just some ideas, thanks, David Fulelrton

• Louis Tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And also I hope Clipgrab can pause downloads as sometimes I have to save bandwidth for the apps

• igitur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prime example of why separate ideas should go under separate topics, not ONE topic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base